Hello and welcome to PSYCS, a clinical psychology service supporting the community of Sydney.
We offer therapy for people of all ages. Our speciality is in cognitive testing and support of gifted youth.
(02) 9030 0382
2/2A Booth Street, Balmain 2041
Joshua Broderick, PhD
MAPS, MACPA, MAACBT
Josh is the principal and director of PSYCS. He is a Psychology Board of Australia approved senior clinical psychologist and supervisor of other psychologists, holding a Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) as well as a Masters and PhD in Clinical Psychology.
Josh has a special interest in several areas of mental health practice, including but not limited to:
1. Complex child and adolescent mental health disorders, such as challenging and disruptive behaviour disorders, ADHD and depression
2. Mindfulness and meditative based approaches to adult mood and anxiety issues
3. Obsessive-compulsive disorder across all age ranges
4. Suporting high intelligence individuals
5. Addiction (videogames/electronics/food/substances/sex)
What can we help you with?
About the PSYCS Approach
Josh is passionate about delivering evidence-based interventions for mental health problems affecting individuals of all ages.
He uses cognitive-behavioural therapy, behaviour change or behaviour analysis therapy, exposure therapy, attachment based family systems therapy and mindfulness based cognitive therapy.
Josh regularly practices meditation and where appropriate recommends it as an integrated strategy (as part of a broader treatment approach) to help individuals manage problematic stress, anxiety and depression.